LEGACY STORY PROMPT
ANSWER THIS LEGACY QUESTION:
What information do you know about your ancestors that impacts your life today?
MEMORY TRIGGERS- Use these memory triggers to help kick start legacy stories about your ancestors. Or, add your own.
- Where did your grandparents and/or great-grandparents come from?
- What did they do for a living?
- Where did they live? What kind of environment, Urban? Rural?
- What stories did your parents tell you about their parents?
- What about your own family? Siblings? Were you the only, oldest, middle or baby of the family?
Choose a photo or two of any of your ancestors. Describe it in detail. What was the occasion? Who's in the photo? Where was it taken? About what age are they? Who took the photo? Scan the photo(s) and insert into your story.
Do you have a special item or keepsake from one of your ancestors? Take a photo of the item (preferably with you holding the item), describe the item, how it came into your possession, etc. Insert the photo into your story.
Log into your profile if not already at https://www.legacystories.org/login
Below your profile photo in the LEARN column we've created tutorial videos that are very helpful. View "Getting Started", Create a Story" and "Insert Photos into Stories" to get you going quickly.
I am excited to write about my own family history. I am glad to have the promps. It sounds like a great program.