Before the digital revolution, families saved an average of 3,000 photos in albums and shoe boxes, many representing the visual record of life-defining moments, milestones and special people. Today we are drowning in an ocean of digital images.
Gone are the days when grandchildren turned the album pages to learn about their elders. It is unreasonable to believe they will take the time to sift through tens of thousands of your photos to find the important ones, those that can give them a sense of who they are and what life was like in your time.
Whether digital or analog, if you want to make a difference, it is up to you to proactively excavate, back up and preserve your highest-priority "legacy photos" in a format that future generations can learn about their family history without having to sort through dozens of sunset photos or those that are only relevant to you.
Fortunately, you now have a safe sanctuary to organize and share your most exclusive photo memories with our Legacy Slide Show component.
Now you can preserve and share up to 5,000 vintage family photos at no cost and..
- create slide show albums depicting life-defining moments, milestone events, special people, etc.
- drag and drop photos inside slide show albums to appear chronologically or otherwise use your computer microphone to record your voice while describing the people, places or the story behind the photo
- discriminately share each photo with five audiences: family, friends, family and friends, our public library or keep private
- link photos of ancestors to over 12 billion records in FamilySearch, the official Family Tree of humankind
- share your Legacy Slides Shows on popular social media platforms
- Use your computer microphone to record your voice while describing the story behind legacy photos that would otherwise have no meaning to others.
Start organizing your vintage legacy photos now!